Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Photofucket

Anybody else having trouble with Photobucket? I noticed last night that the direct links to images suddenly started updating. As an example, in my birthday post for Gail Patrick, which I was going to mention today what with it being St. Patrick's Day, there's a picture of a poster for the movie Love Crazy. The direct link to the image should be http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/justacineast/lovecrazy.jpg. But when I enter that address into the browser, I get redirected to http://s262.photobucket.com/user/justacineast/media/lovecrazy.jpg.html instead. One of the results is that it's broken all image embedding.

I tried to see if anybody else was having a problem with this via Photobucket's own help pages, but those seem to be bringing my browser to a crashing halt, such that I have to kill it from the Task Manager. I couldn't find anything recent from Google searches about any problems, either.

It's going to be a severe pain in the ass if I have to drop Photobucket and use some other service to host all the blog's photos. Obviously it wouldn't be that difficult to start hosting new photos (new to the blog, of course) someplace else, but all the old photos? I don't have the time or energy to deal with all that aggravation.

1 comment:

Kizone Kaprow said...

MEAN GIRLS!
See the adult libertarian men dress up like high school girls as they add a classmate to the Burn Book! Gossip, clique-formation, bullying, shunning...DON'T MISS IT!
https://plus.google.com/+KizoneKaprow/posts/B98Kv3cW23m