Wednesday, March 25, 2015

When will FXM Retro disappear

I've commented quite a few times on the morning to 3PM ET programming block that's been around since the old Fox Movie Channel rebranded itself as FXM in the beginning of 2012. At first the FMC part kept its name, although several months back it was changed to FXM Retro. At the time of the change I wrote that I didn't expect the programming block to last six months, and am sonetimes surprised that it's still going. But there are often signs that make me ask whether whoever at Fox is in charge of the cable channels is planning finally to do away with that programming block.

Yesterday at 1:00 PM, I saw that the channel was running Slumdog Millionaire, which I think got another airing to start today's programming block. I didn't stay to see whether it had any commercial interruptions, and I also have to admit that I wasn't paying attention to see whether the bottom right of hte screen had the FXM Retro bug.

And then tomorrow at 3:00 AM and I think again at 1:00 PM. It's a 115-minute movie, so it should just fit into a two-hour block if there aren't any commercials; if they do add commercials it would require quite a bit of cutting. Either way, the movie is less than five years old. While it's possible for something that recent to be classic, I don't know if you could really call it "retro". At least something like Hitchcock, which has been showing up in the prime time block, would fit "retro".

No comments: