Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

TCM is showing a bunch of family comedies tonight. I'm a bit surprised to see that I've never done a full-length blog post on Cheaper By the Dozen, which kicks off the night at 8:00 PM. Based on a true story, it stars Clifton Webb as 1920s efficiency expert Frank Gilbreth, who uses the knowledge he's gained as an efficiency expert to raise his twelve children together with wife Lilian (Myrna Loy). It's on DVD, but don't get this version mixed up with the 2003 Steve Martin movie.

I recommended Sitting Pretty (9:30 PM) back in July 2010. As far as I'm aware, it still hasn't gotten a DVD release in the two and a half years since I wrote the original post.

I've mentioned Joe McDoakes before. TCM is airing another of the McDoakes shorts, So You Want to Be a Father, at approximately 4:44 AM (after Life With Father and before Father's Little Dividend).

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the American readers!

No comments: