Friday, November 23, 2012

Shirley Temple Remembered

No, Shirley Temple hasn't died as far as I'm aware. But the other day I received the following in one of my RSS feeds from Radio New Zealand:

Shirley Temple Remembered

Shirley Temple starred in 35 films and is the biggest child star Hollywood ever produced. Shirley Temple's influence on New Zealand is the subject of a research project by a screen and media studies professor at the University of Waikato. His research led him to Shirley Piddington in Timaru. She was the runner up in a Shirley Temple lookalike photo competition in Christchurch in 1935. Now, almost 80 years later, Shirley Piddington can still recall the excitement of the contest and the joy Shirley Temple brought to movie-goers in an era when joy was often in short supply.

The link is to an audio interview which is about 4.0 MB and 11 minutes long. I have to admit I've downloaded it but not gotten around to listening to it yet as I've got a whole bunch of other radio programs to listen to. I'm also not certain how long link to audio files remain active with RNZ's feed, although I know they've got some dormant feeds with old audio files.

No comments: