Friday, March 31, 2017

Back on FXM Retro, April 1, 2017

I'm looking at the upcoming schedule of FXM Retro, and see a couple of movids that came up in the past few weeks at least, although I don't think I mentioned any of them on the blog the most recent time they showed up.

First up, at 9:45 AM tomorrow, you can catch Man on a Tightrope. Actually, you can catch it today at 1:10 PM as well. It showed up in 2010 and 2013, and I think is available on the Elia Kazan box set.

Man on a Tightrope will be followed at 11:35 AM by Caprice. Doris Day does her 1960s spy spoof, and does a capable job of it, in a movie that's entertaining enough without being great. Caprice will also be on on Sunday.

FXM's Saturday lineup concludes at 1:15 PM with a movie I'm not certain I've gotten around to seeing before, Bedazzled. Dudley Moore sells his soul to Satan, played by Moore's comedic partner Peter Cook. These two weren't quite as good in The Wrong Box as Michael Caine and Nanette Newman, or especially the two old guys, Ralph Richardson and John Mills, but certainly not as irritating as Peter Sellers was. So I can see the Moore/Cook team being an acquired taste.

No comments: