Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Shorts back on the TCM schedule!

Well, the shorts were still being run, but at least now they're back on TCM's schedule page. As I look right now, there are shorts through Saturday night, not including anything TCM might run as part of TCM Underground -- I mean the traditional shorts they use as filler between features. I probably should have blogged about this yesterday, since there are one or two worth mentioning on today's daytime schedule. I suppose I could mention another airing of The House I Live In early tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM, which is clearly being shown because it's got Frank Sinatra in it.

I should also like to point out that TCM has started running the annual TCM Remembers piece, which looks back at the people who have died since the last year's TCM Remembers piece. Unsurprisingly, the usual suspects at the TCM boards bitch and moan that the piece isn't being run in January, the way no other media outlet looks back at the previous year, or that somebody went by too fast for them. Judge for yourself:



The only major problem I had is that Movita Castaneda's name was origianlly spelled "Motiva"; I didn't watch the Youtube posting to see if that's been edited.

No comments: