Thursday, October 23, 2014

Posting may be slow

The power went out here briefly early this morning, one of those things where the lights go on and off and on and off for several seconds, before coming back on. However, when I decided to go back on the computer, I noticed that the modem's "LAN" indicator was off, which meant I couldn't connect to the internet at all. It looks like the problem was eventually solved by disconnecting the cable from the router end of the router/modem connection. -- I had tried connecting the other end of that cable, which didn't seem to solve the problem, go figure. But, it's the second time in a couple of weeks I've had a bit of a problem with the modem, so I'm worried that it might be going bad the way the previous modem did back in August of 2010 (note the gap of a week or so in posting). In that case, though, I was getting repeated temporary disconnects of a few seconds or so while the modem was dying, so I don't think I'm having the same problem. At any rate, I hope it was just a burp and nothing more.

No comments: