Thursday, March 17, 2016

Frank Sinatra Jr., 1944-2016

Frank Sinatra Jr., son of the famous entertainer, and a moderately successful entertainer in his own right, has died at the age of 72.

Sinatra Jr. didn't do all that much acting, but his death makes me think just how old I'm getting, and I'm more than young enough to be his son. In the time since I've started this blog, several children of classic movie stars have died, at reasonably advanced ages. Joel Dee McCrea, son of Joel McCrea and Frances Dee who went by the name Jody, died several years ago, as did Spencer Tracy's son. Loretta Young's daughter, the one Loretta had by Clark Gable, died a few years back too.

Some I can think of who are still with us as far as I know would include Frank's elder sister Nancy, who should be turning 76 later this year, and Pat Hitchcock, who's in her early 80s. Liza Minnelli, who's only pushing 70, is a spring chicken by those standards.

No comments: