Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A brief I should have mentioned yesterday

I mentioned a week ago the death of actress Michèle Morgan at the age of 96. I even mentioned her appearance in Passage to Marseille. What I didn't mention is that for those of you in the US, it's on TCM this afternoon at 1:00 PM.

Then again, I was out a good portion of the day yesterday celebrating Christmas with half my family. I got DVDs for everybody, trying to come up with stuff that was appropriate to their interests. Not that it's easy; my niece is an actuary and actuaries don't make for good Hollywood stories. So the closest I could think of was insurance fraud, and there goes a copy of Double Indemnity. Well, it's a good movie anyway. Her fiancé is studying toxicology. Time to think of a good movie that fits that for next Christmas....

In and around those movies about the elderly I mentioned yesterday, TCM is running the short Redd Foxx Becomes a Movie Star at 12:05 AM, between Grey Gardens (10:15 PM) and The Whales of August (12:15 AM). I've mentioned this short a few times before, but Foxx looks like he would have been the life of the party anywhere he went.

No comments: