Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I wish I had seen it before

TCM just showed Just You and Me, Kid. George Burns stars as a retired vaudevillean who takes his vintage car to the grocery store one morning, and when he comes out of the store to put his groceries in the trunk, finds a naked Brooke Shields in his trunk! It turns out she was a drug mule who shafted the dealers out of $20,000, so naturally they're looking for her.

It's not a bad movie; to be fair, though, it's the sort that would have worked well as a B movie 40 years earlier, something I've mentioned with a few other films I've recommended such as For Pete's Sake and 9 to 5. That B-movie nature also means it hasn't been released to DVD. I don't like to recommend movies that haven't gotten a DVD release unless they're going to be showing up on TV in the near future, and that's obviously not the case with Just You and Me, Kid.

As for what to recommend, if you read this quickly enough, you can see the short Teenagers on Trial at about 6:00 PM tonight. I could swear I've mentioned this one before; it's a pretty funny (in an unintentional way) short looking at the problems of juvenile delinquency in the 1950s, and how it's really society's fault.

I'm also looking forward to the short This is Your Story at 8:00 PM, but it's one that I haven't seen before, so I can't say whether it's any good. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any information on it at all.

No comments: