Monday, March 24, 2014

Journeys in Classic Film

I ran across the blog Journeys in Classic Film the other day, and since it's interesting and (more importantly) still being updated, it's worthy of being in the blogroll on the right side of the page.

I notice this also means I'm up to 11 blogs in the blog roll. When I started the blog roll, I selected the Blogger setting to have the blogs show in order of which one has been updated most recently, with the title of the most recent update and how long ago that update was. One of the reasons for that choice was so that I could see for myself when one of the blogs was updated and reda the post. I've got an RSS reader, of course, and have a whole bunch of feeds from real news organizations, but there aren't enough hours in the day to update all of them on a regular basis and read them. If I added a dozen movie blogs to my RSS feed instead of paying attention to the blogroll, I wouldn't get around to reading half the blogs.

One of the other settings that Blogger has is for how many blogs to show, which I had originally set to 10, only because that was the default setting. Now that I've finally added an 11th blog, it of course means that not all of them are going to be shown. So get updating your blog if you want it to be seen in the blogroll! ;-)

No comments: