Friday, May 30, 2014

Is there a doctor in the house

I wasn't following the Mexican Spitfire series that closely, so I didn't realize that TCM apparently reached the end of it. But apparently they did, as the movie in the 10:30 AM tim slot this Saturday is Doctor in the House. Dirk Bogarde stars as Simon Sparrow, a medical student trying to balance medical school with having a life, as the movie mixes comedy and drama. The movie must have been popular, as it yielded four sequels. However, a look throuh the TCM June schedule indicates that they'll only be showing two of the sequels. That is, Dirk Bogarde will be showing up the next three Saturdays at 10:30 AM before they switch to the Topper movies.

I should also make a brief mention of the Warner Bros. sword-and-sandal epic Helen of Troy, which will be on tomorrow at 2:15 PM, which still doesn't seem to be available on DVD. This is another of those movies that I thought I had done a full-length post on, but still haven't. And I even mentioned that two years ago.

No comments: