Sunday, May 22, 2016

Apologies for another round of poor posting

I've decided finally to enter the 21st century and get a modern computer, but of course, setting it up is a dickens. Or, more appropriately, getting all of my data from the old computer to the new is a big part of the dickens; Windows 10 actually went surprisingly well. But then I also want a dual-boot system and trying to get Linux and Windows 10 to play well with each other is the other dickens.

I should probably take this opportunity to do another list post on vintage computers, with one of the earlist I can think of offhand being the one in Desk Set, which was recycled for What a Way to Go!. I think I made a point to mention the vintage computers in Jumping Jack Flash when I blogged on that several months ago. Ah those green-only screens!

I have watched a couple of movies off the DVR recently, but I'd have to check which ones are available on DVD before doing a full-length post on any of them.

No comments: