Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Several upcoming movies I've blogged about before

I was looking at doing a post on a movie I recently watched, but it seems the movie in question is out of print on DVD. So instead, in looking through the TCM schedule, I find quite a few movies I blogged about a long time in the past.

The morning and afternoon schedule deals with plastic surgery. I wrote a whole post on the idea one time when Dark Passage showed up in the past. That film is coming up at noon today. I'm not a huge fan of the Bogart-Bacall pairing, but the movie does more or less work once we actually get to see Bogart's face.

His Kind of Woman is a lot of fun, especially for the performance of Vincent Price as a ham actor. He has so much fun in what is supposed to be a serious Robert Mitchum movie. That one you can see at 4:00 PM.

The day of plastic surgery movies concludes at 6:15 PM with Eyes Without a Face, a French horror movie about plastic surgery used for entirely the wrong reasons, and on people who aren't exactly consenting adults. If you haven't seen this one, I highly recommend it.

Tomorrow morning and afternoon has a bunch of Cary Grant movies, some of which aren't as well known. Among the lesser-known movies are The Howards of Virginia at 7:45 AM, and the dreadful Once Upon a Time at 2:00 PM.

Over on FXM Retro, they're bringing back Of Love and Desire, which will be on tomorrow at 1:45 PM.

No comments: